SVHsupport provides funding for projects that improve the quality of care at our hospital and for complementary projects that directly impact our community. As part of our support for the community, SVHsupport provides financial assistance for specific women’s health procedures that are not offered at CHRISTUS St. Vincent Regional Medical Center (CSVRMC). This financial assistance is provided directly to the facility where the procedure is performed.
SVHsupport provides financial assistance for patients who are uninsured or underinsured and not eligible for any other subsidy or form of public assistance (such as Medicare/Medicaid) and if their physician is credentialed at a CHRISTUS St. Vincent Regional Medical Center (CSVRMC) facility.
SVHsupport provides financial assistance for the following services:
- Post-partum tubal ligations (sterilization) performed at CSVRMC
- Elective tubal sterilization and vasectomies
- Therapeutic abortions under the following circumstances
- Where the life or future physical health of the mother is clearly endangered by a continuation of pregnancy, as confirmed by appropriate consultation
- When the pregnancy resulted from rape or incest as shown by documentary evidence
- When there is adequate medical evidence that the fetus will be born in a state of health incompatible with normal existence.
SVHsupport’s financial assistance will be provided directly to the facility where the procedure occurs and is generally limited to the reasonable cost of the qualified procedure(s); however, incidental expense reimbursement may be considered after consultation with SVHsupport on a case-by-case basis.